Constructor Robotics participated as partner, at the time still under the previous name of Jacobs University of our institution, in the EU FP7 project “Cognitive Robot for Automation of Logistic Processes (RobLog).
RobLog is a European Integrated Project working on robotics development for logistics processes. Funded for a four-years-period with a total budget of 7,86 million Euros by the European Union, five European research teams and two companies join forces for the research project on cognitive systems and robotics. The Jacobs Robotics Group contributes to the projects the robots’ 3D perception in challenging scenarios. The project started on February 1, 2011 and lasts for four years.
More Information can be found on the RobLog homepage.
The following publications by Constructor Robotics have appeared in the context of the project. The list also includes a few related publications that have appeared after the project ended.
-  N. Vaskevicius, K. Pathak, and A. Birk, “Fitting Superquadrics in Noisy, Partial Views from a Low-cost RGBD Sensor for Recognition and Localization of Sacks in Autonomous Unloading of Shipping Containers,” in IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), Taipei, Taiwan, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/CoASE.2014.6899335 [Preprint]
-  M. Magnusson, N. Vaskevicius, T. Stoyanov, K. Pathak, and A. Birk, “Beyond Points: Evaluating Recent 3D Scan-Matching Algorithms,” in International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Seattle, USA, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICRA.2015.7139703 [Preprint]
-  R.-G. Mihalyi, K. Pathak, N. Vaskevicius, T. Fromm, and A. Birk, “Robust 3D Object Modeling with a Low-Cost RGBD-Sensor and AR-Markers for Applications with Untrained End-Users,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems (RAS), vol. 66, pp. 1-17, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2015.01.005 [Preprint]
-  T. Fromm and A. Birk, “Physics-Based Damage-Aware Manipulation Strategy Planning Using Scene Dynamics Anticipation,” in IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/IROS.2016.7759159 [Preprint]
-  C. A. Mueller and A. Birk, “Hierarchical Graph-Based Discovery of Non-Primitive-Shaped Objects in Unstructured Environments,” in International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Stockholm, Sweden, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICRA.2016.7487375 [Preprint]
-  T. Stoyanov, N. Vaskevicius, C. A. Mueller, T. Fromm, R. Krug, V. Tincani, R. Mojtahedzadeh, S. Kunaschk, R. M. Ernits, D. R. Canelhas, M. Bonilla, S. Schwertfeger, M. Bonini, H. Halfar, K. Pathak, M. Rohde, G. Fantoni, A. Bicchi, A. Birk, A. J. Lilienthal, and W. Echelmeyer, “No More Heavy Lifting: Robotic Solutions to the Container Unloading Problem,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine (RAM), vol. 23, pp. 94-106, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/MRA.2016.2535098 [Preprint]
-  N. Vaskevicius, K. Pathak, and A. Birk, “Anticipation and Attention for Robust Object Recognition with RGBD-Data in an Industrial Application Scenario,” in IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/IROS.2016.7759445 [Preprint]
-  J. Winkler, F. Balint-Benczedi, N. Vaskevicius, T. Wiedemeyer, C. A. Mueller, T. Fromm, M. Beetz, and A. Birk, “Knowledge-Enabled Robotic Agents for Shelf Replenishment in Cluttered Retail Environments,” in International Confenference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS), Singapore, 2016. [Preprint]
-  N. Vaskevicius, K. Pathak, and A. Birk, “Recognition and Localization of Sacks for Autonomous Container Unloading by Fitting Superquadrics in Noisy, Partial Views from a Low-cost RGBD Sensor,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 88, pp. 57-71, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10846-017-0540-7 [Preprint]
-  C. A. Mueller and A. Birk, “Conceptualization of Object Compositions Using Persistent Homology,” in IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/IROS.2018.8594516 [Preprint]
-  N. Vaskevicius and A. Birk, “Revisiting Superquadric Fitting: A numerically stable formulation,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 41, pp. 220-233, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2017.2779493 [Preprint]
-  C. A. Mueller and A. Birk, “Visual Object Categorization Based on Hierarchical Shape Motifs Learned From Noisy Point Cloud Decompositions,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 97, pp. 313-338, 2020/02/01 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10846-019-01016-y [Preprint]
-  M. Thosar, C. A. Mueller, G. Jäger, J. Schleiss, N. Pulugu, R. Mallikarjun, S. V. R. Jeevangekar, A. Birk, M. Pfingsthorn, and S. Zug, “From a Multi-modal Property Dataset to Robot-centric Conceptual Knowledge About Household Objects,” Frontiers in Robotics and AI, vol. 8, 2021. https://doi.org/10.3389/frobt.2021.476084 [Open Access]